S.C. State Housing Finance and Development Authority is looking for a controller. Position is based in Columbia, SC and will report to Executive Director. Duties involve leading and providing oversight to the finance team for the financial reporting of the Agency including accounting for bonds, mortgage production and servicing, federal and state programs and general operations. GAAS experience preferred but not required. Click here to apply. (9/17-1)
The S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce is looking for an Employer Tax Services Director to report to the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Division in Columbia. The Employer Tax Services department supports economic stability through taxation and enforcement of the state’s UI requirements by determining South Carolina employer liability and compliance to achieve and maintain UI Trust Fund solvency. (8/28-1)
Visit www.governmentjobs.com and search 60035842 to learn more and apply.
The Vice President of Finance position is a key hire to facilitate the company’s continued growth, offering added capacity and depth for the company’s financial leadership. The Vice President of Finance will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. (8/23-2).
The position is headquartered in Sumter, South Carolina. Moderate overnight travel (20-30%) across the company’s geographic footprint should be expected.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is required.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with 10-15 years of financial management experience, including a strong background in financial planning and analysis.
- Experience in service industry with project-based costing is preferred.
- A strong financial/operational discipline required, likely developed within a larger organization known for developing financial leadership.
- Experience with a private equity portfolio company is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
Apply to Lynne Robinson at LRobinson@thompsonind.com
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Holidays, Vacation, Life, 401K.