Donate to SCACPA’s Scholarship Program and aid in carving the path for future CPAs.
We grant approximately $35,000 annually to well-deserving college juniors, seniors and graduate students. These funds exist to advance and promote an accounting education Pipeline stem from established endowments as well as annual donations from SCACPA members.
But it’s not just about college scholarships. The Educational Fund promotes accounting education at high schools throughout the state. At all levels, we champion the value of earning the CPA credential.
With All-Inclusive Membership, a portion of your dues automatically goes toward the Educational Fund and helping exceptional students with a financial need achieve their goals and dreams.
Please join us in ensuring the strength of the profession’s future by donating to the SCACPA Educational Fund. The exceptional students who receive these scholarships go on to do incredible things in the profession. You may make an individual contribution of any amount, at any time. Memorial contributions may be made to the current general fund or the endowment fund.
Scholarship Program for Students
- Legal resident of South Carolina
- Rising junior or senior majoring in accounting (or Master’s Degree student) at a South Carolina college or university
- Full-time student
- At least one class in intermediate accounting or the equivalent
- GPA of no less than 3.25 overall
- GPA in accounting no less than 3.5
- College transcripts (Must be reconciled with transcripts from all institutions attended)
- List scholarships, awards, and/or grants with amounts of each for this academic year (Indicate if none, attach sheet if necessary)
- Two letters of reference (preferably professional, if available
- Essay on your personal career goals in 250 words or less
- Certification from the Head of the Accounting School that you are an accounting major, or will be an accounting major, and that you are a rising junior, senior, or graduate student
- If transferring, letter of acceptance from new school
- A copy of your South Carolina driver’s license or a South Carolina-issued ID card
American Accounting Association »
AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students »
AICPA Scholarships for Minority Accounting Students »
Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance »
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners »
Beta Alpha Psi Scholarship Directory »
Deloitte & Touche Doctoral Fellowships »
The Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting »
National Society of Accountants »
These awards are intended for juniors, seniors and graduate students. Scholarship amounts usually range from $500 to $2,500. The number to be awarded each year depends upon the qualifications of the applicants and available funds.
Applications must be received by June 15, 2018, complete with all attachments. Awards are decided in July for the fall semester, and checks will be distributed by August 15, 2018, payable to the school.
Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the SCACPA Fall Fest Accounting Conference in November 2018.
We know that exceptional students who receive these scholarships grow to do incredible things in the profession, and many go on to earn the CPA credential. Apply today, and best of luck on making your career dreams and goals come true.
Click here to apply.