The countdown to October has begun for SCACPA’s annual Month of Service. The Association is proud to offer ways to connect with your peers to make a difference in your community.
Last year, firms, chapters and individuals bought “CPAs Give” T-shirts from August through October to wear at their charity and service events. Together, we generated $2,625 for Children’s Trust of South Carolina.
Once again, SCACPA will conduct an online poll for members to vote for a charity that will receive the monetary donations we gather. This year’s candidates are:
- Battle Buddies Inc. (Helps veterans, active military, first respondents and their families in times of crisis, focusing on suicide awareness and prevention. https://battlebuddy4life.org/)
- Children’s Trust of South Carolina* (The only statewide organization focused on the prevention of child abuse, neglect and injury. https://scchildren.org/)
- Diaper Bank of the Carolinas (Provides diapers for children and families that fall under the poverty line. https://www.diaperbankofthecarolinas.org/)
- South Carolina Humane Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Seeks to end animal cruelty, neglect and overpopulation, and investigates reports of animal cruelty. http://humanesc.org/)
- Junior Achievement of Greater South Carolina (Volunteer-delivered, K-12 programs foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills, and inspire students to reach their potential. https://www.juniorachievement.org/web/ja-centralsc/)
(* Recipient of SCACPA’s 2018 Month of Service gift)
Starting this August, we will offer sales of our custom-designed 2018 “CPAs Give” T-shirt. Look for our unveiling of the design after votes for our designated charity are tabulated.
In addition, each of our eight Chapters will have its own Month of Service activity. Stay tuned for announcements from the Chapters after their August retreat for which causes each one will support.
Has your company started thinking of a CPA Month of Service Plan for October? If your firm is doing something, let the SCACPA staff know so we can promote it through our social media.
Introducing SCACPA’s Community Connected Engagement Awards
There’s one more important announcement we want to share about the October Month of Service: SCACPA is announcing the launch of our Community Connected Engagement Awards.
In November, we’ll review your description of your philanthropic endeavors and announce three winners: for Large-Firm Engagement, for Small-Firm Engagement and a Difference-Maker of Distinction.
Community involvement is critical to making South Carolina better for individuals and businesses.
Last year, beneficiaries included Palmetto Health Walk for Life (Central Chapter), Hope Center for Children (Foothills Chapter), Bluffton Self Help (Sea Island Chapter), Harvest Hope Food Bank, Lowcountry Foodbank, Northside Development Group, Pee Dee Heart Walk and the United Way Mental Illness Recovery Center.
SCACPA is a strong and vibrant community thanks to your hard work. Always remember you can make a difference in your community and a difference for those around you. Help us to continue our efforts within South Carolina to make the CPA profession well-known and well-respected.
Let’s come together as a generous community of leaders and support our state. Let’s get involved and share our success stories.